Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Books that Made an Impression : )

Top books that have made an impression on me this year are: I am only able to choose two books this year

1)The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
I loved how this book gave me a glimpse on the Afghanistan country and people. I thought the story was fascinating. This definitely is one of the must reads!

2)The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness and the Fair That Changed America (Illinois ) by Erik Larson
Although this book falls in the Historical Non-Fiction Genre it surely reads as a novel and is so interesting it is hard to put it down. I was surprised as how much of the things we have now come from that fair. I really couldn't believe I hadn't read this book before.

Other Books to Make a Note of: This books have been read by various different book groups and have mostly always toped the list as favorites. They are:

1)My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
I read this book in the beginning of the year and thought it was very moving. I loved that we were showed each person's point of view which made it far easier to understand the characters and more difficult to take sides. Plus the end totally surprised me!

2)Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
I saw the movie first and until I read the book did I realized how much I was missing. Although I was disappointed in the fact that this book was an art of fiction, nevertheless it lets us explore a world rarely seen or heard of and unlike the movie explains in detail how the life of a Geisha must have been.

3)The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
I think this was one of the most read books of the year mainly because of the controversy it stirred. I personally thought the book slow at times and so many cryptograms and puzzles did bore me somewhat but in the end it was a fairly good story.

4)The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
I found this book extremely interesting because it is told by a young girl who has died and is in heaven. It was very touching and I enjoyed it very much. An Excellent read.

Top Acclaimed Books for Reading Groups and Individuals. I haven't read this ones yet but I do have them on the top of my To Read List

1)The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger
2)The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3)The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Post a Comment

The Joy of Reading : )

I am glad you are visiting Books for thy Imagination's Blog. This blog was created with the intent of helping busy people like you and me to start reading again. There is nothing comparable with the joy of reading and therefore I would like to invite you to browse around. Find the perfect way to make reading a part of your life again, and if it already is, to enhance it. Share with others your passion for reading, by joining BFTI's Online Reading Group. If you love discussing, asking questions, and sharing with others your thoughts and comments about the books you read, want to read, or if you would like to make friends who enjoy reading as much as you do join our BFTI Online Reading Group by entering your email address in the box below. Make sure to visit our blog often for new updates, news, and much more. Have Fun and Happy Reading!